I absolutely love the taste of new potatoes. The fresher and more locally grown, the better. This makes a great side-dish for a BBQ or picnic (it’s delicious eaten cold too) and is really quick and simple to make and much lighter than the more traditional creamy potato salads.
- Bag of new potatoes (organic)
- Large handful of fresh mint
- Generous drizzle of olive oil
- Boil the potatoes for around 10 minutes, until cooked
- Cool them under the cold water tap for a few moments (I tend to serve this dish warm, not hot to ensure that the mint stays crisp and doesn’t wilt)
- Serve with the olive oil, mint and salt and pepper
- Sea salt and pepper to season