This is delicious and far healthier for you and your little ones than the more traditional versions, which are packed full of dairy, sugar and all kinds of artificial rubbish. You can add coconut sugar or agave syrup if you prefer things a little sweeter but I enjoy it just as it is.
- Half a pint of almond milk – unsweetened and organic
- Large handful of organic raspberries – fresh if they’re in season but frozen raspberries work well too
- 4-5 organic bananas
Simply blend all the ingredients together and serve
I always make a fresh juice or smoothie in the morning as I find it sets me up really well for the day ahead and doesn’t fill me up too much. This is a really simple smoothie recipe to make and it’s really delicious.
- 3 bananas
- Handful of blueberries (either fresh or frozen)
- Small cupful of water
Add all the ingredients to a jug and blend (I use a hand-held blender as it’s so quick and easy to clear up afterwards.
Blueberries are really, really great for us. They’re packed full of antioxidants, vitamin C, B complex, vitamin A, vitamin E, copper, selenium, iron and zinc. Pretty amazing little berries!
On a hot day you can’t beat an ice-cold coffee. Try this delicious dairy-free version with a shot of caramel syrup.
- Half a pint of organic almond milk (you can make your own but I tend to buy one made by Rude Health)
- 1-2 teaspoonfuls of instant coffee (depending on how strong you like it)
- Handful of crushed ice
- Generous splash of caramel syrup
Add all the ingredients to a cocktail shaker, shake, serve and enjoy!